Adopt a Mola with Dr. Tierny Thys
National Geographic Explorer Dr. Tierney Thys founded the Adopt a Sunfish Project dedicated to "unraveling the mystery of the world’s heaviest bony fish."
All donations go towards her research and to raising awareness for the need to conserve the ocean’s resources.
For the following donations you receive:
- $25: A color fact sheet of the latest and greatest mola discoveries plus and an official adopter certificate.
- $50: The fact sheet, certificate and a lovely mola pin.
- $75 The fact sheet,certificate and a beautiful (20 x 30) mola poster.
- $100 Sea glass ocean sunfish pendant handmade by local Santa Cruz artist.
- $200 The fact sheet,certificate and a plush stuffed mola.
- $4000 All the above, plus a plush stuffed mola and the purchase of a tag for your mola in the open sea.
- $20,000 The opportunity to join us tagging on one of our next domestic or international expeditions. (Travel not included.)
To make an adoption in someone else's name, just write your directions in an email to email@example.com and then make your donation.